Famous as the Alappuzha lighthouse, the Alleppey lighthouse can be spotted from miles away. A humongous tower celebrating the solitude by the coastal strip wearing strips of red and white is how it is best reminisced.
The phenomenal tower was first installed in March 1862, almost 148 years ago. Located at around 4 kilometers ahead of the Alappuzha town, Alleppey or Alappuzha lighthouse grants a panoramic 360-degree view of the ocean as well as the territorial land of Alleppey which is majorly thick and lush foliage.
Flaunting its badge of being one of the oldest lighthouses of Kerala, its construction dates back to the time when Marthanda Varma- II Maharaja owned the throne of the region.
Light House Road, Nangiarkulangara, Alappuzha, Kerala, India