At a distance of 4 Kms from Trivandrum Central Railway Station, Natural History Museum is located in the Trivandrum Public Park compound near Napier Museum.
It was opened for public in the year of 1885. The building in which it is presently housed was constructed in 1964. The museum was initially started with the individual collection of General Cullen. There are separate galleries for the Mammals, the birds, the vertebrates, the invertebrates and the skeletons. A library and a laboratory also form part of the museum.
Museum Bains compound Road, LMS Compound, Plammoodu, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India