At a distance of 38 Kms from Kottayam, St. George's Church is situated on the banks of Meenachil River in Aruvithura, in Erattupetta Town. The ancient name of the place was Irapuzhai or Irapeli.
This Church belongs to the Syro-Malabar Rite in the diocese of Palai. This place is believed to have been founded by St.Thomas in the early days. The original structure of the church was built in 16th century. The present structure was constructed in 1952 in Gothic style. A miraculous statue of St.George is placed in the church above the main alter.
The annual festival dedicated to St. George is celebrated on 24th April.